Monday 1 September 2014

Guilty secrets

This post  by Beka over at The Castilles inspired me to get my embarrassing, weird and somewhat guilty secrets about myself on my blog. To shed some light on the stranger side of who I am and what makes my friends and family tease me.

1.       I still listen to all of my favourite songs from the 2000's and             can remember most of the dances to go with them.

Favourite bands include Backstreet Boys, B*Witched, Maroon 5, Eminem, Linkin Park and Aqua.


2.       When i'm out and see a cat i'll stop walking/running/cycling             and revert to being a 5-year old, chasing the cat to try and pet           it.

I just love stroking random cats. They make my heart smile and stresses go away. I also love their flippant attitude.

3.      I have about 20 cookbooks and have never cooked a single              meal from any of them. I just like the look of them on my                shelf.

I would love to be able to throw a meal together like Jamie Oliver and have it taste amazing. Instead I go with recipes my mum taught me and ideas I've seen others try. American cookbooks use cups and i'm not even sure what size cup to use?! There are so many cups to choose from surely. 

4.      The majority of friends i've fallen out with or people I plain              just don't like are Christians. Christian girls can be the worst.

This is a major sore point for me. I wish I could say I was somebody who was loved by everybody and who got invited to everything. Well, maybe not everything. Truth is there are plenty of people who are unforgiving or judgemental and the worst of them tend to be in Churches. I've learnt a lot from those girls/women about how to treat others in a loving way, simply by acting in the opposite way they do. 

5.      When I was younger my dream was to be a backing dancer.              Then, when i was a teenager, I wanted to be a Dentist. Neither          dreams were achievable, neither have been achieved and i'm            thankful my parents never told me I could do whatever job I            desired to. I'm thankful to have been brought up in reality and          not a dream world. 

No really. This sounds negative but I truly don't believe you can be anything you put your mind to. All jobs require God given talents and skills. I didn't have the body to progress in dancing (hips and curves, hips and curves), and I didn't have the maths and chemistry grades to be a Dentist. Nobody in my family is talented at sciences. I studied my butt off and still came out with mixed A's and B's. 

6.      I hate snow. I was a chalet girl for a season and shovelled so            much of it I want to cry when I see it fall.

It was like living in a sea of white powder for 6 months straight. Go outside and you'll fall down. Try to drive and you'll skid. Clear the deck and what's that? It's snowed again? Yup, start again. 

7.      My nickname is mouse. I'm a 5'10 girl who speaks her mind. I          have no idea why people think i'm a mouse. But it makes a              change to be referred to as small and not as a giant so I go                with it.

Maybe my voice changes when I speak softly? Maybe it was because my brother was always Bodger the Badger and I had to be Mousie when we played (see here). 

8.      I was a teacher for 2 years and hated it. Like, anxiety                        inducing, crying on a Sunday, no passion hated it.

Teaching in Korea was a means to an end. To be fair it was bearable. Teaching in England put me on medication and into therapy. Enough said. 

9.      I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I don't want          children until i'm in my 30s...then I'll be a working mum. I                don't actually hold true to this thought, I just love that people            try to argue it.

I sometimes stir it up a little if people are bothering me with their opinions they just have to share to everybody. I don't do it often and i'm not proud of myself.

10.    I'm a sailor and get terribly seasick. 

I've suffered from motion sickness all of my life. When I was little and had to sit in the middle of the back seat in the car my brothers wouldn't know which one of them was about to get covered. Gross. It dominates my decisions on what to do, where to go, who's driving, what car is it, can I sit in the front, is there a rest stop etc. Dramamine isn't sold in the UK but is the best drug in the world for motion sickness. 

Some of these were joky, some serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think